Trivia for Oscar-winning actress Kim Basinger feat. Richard Gere, Alec Baldwin, Tim Burton, Sean Connery and more.
image via: imedebe.com
1. Kim Basinger was born in 1953, in Georgia, USA.
2. She stands at 5' 7½" (1.71 m).
3. She has been one of the hottest and most popular actresses in Hollywood since the 80s.
4. She won Oscar for Best Supporting Actress in 1998 for her role in the movie L.A. Confidential. Her co-stars in the mystery/drama L.A. Confidential are Kevin Spacey, Russell Crowe and Guy Pierce. She also won a Golden Globe for the same role.
5. She co-starred in Tim Burton’s 1989 Batman movie. Michael Keaton played Batman and the lead villain, The Joker was played by Jack Nicholson.
6. Kim Basinger is most famous for her role in the erotic romance/drama Nine ½ Weeks, co-starring Mickey Rourke. In 2008, she and Mickey Rourke co-starred in the crime/thriller The Informers. The movie also features Billy Bob Thornton and Winona Ryder. The movie was co-written by Bret Easton Ellis, who wrote the novel it was based on. He is also the author of the novel American Psycho. American Psycho’s movie version stars Christian Bale.
7. She has co-starred with Richard Gere twice: Final Analysis and No Mercy. Final Analysis is a romantic/thriller, also featuring Uma Thurman and Eric Roberts (Julia Roberts’ older brother).
No Mercy is an action film from 1986.
8. She was married to actor Alec Baldwin. They got married in 1993 and got divorced in 2002.
9. She has a daughter named Ireland from Alec.
10. Alec Baldwin was Kim Basinger’s second husband. Her first husband was a make-up artist named Ron Snyder. They were married for 8 years.
11. In the music/drama film 8 Mile from 2002, she starred with rapper Eminem and the late actress Brittany Murphy. She played Eminem’s character’s mother. Eminem was born in 1972 so she is only 19 years older than him.
12. She co-starred in 1983’s James Bond movie Never Say Never Again. Sean Connery played Bond.
13. Her co-stars also include Val Kilmer, John Corbett (twice), Zac Efron, Charlize Theron, Brett Cullen, Rufus Sewell, Al Pacino, Téa Leoni, Ryan O’ Neal, Michael Douglas, Kiefer Sutherland, Eva Longoria, Forest Whitaker, Ray Liotta, Kelsey Grammer, Carla Gugino, Chris Evans, Jason Statham, Lukas Haas, Craig Sheffer, Vincent Perez, Tim Robbins, Julia Roberts, Alec Baldwin (twice), Michael Madsen, Jeff Bridges (twice), Bruce Willis, Robert Redford, Robert Duvall, Glenn Close, Burt Reynolds, Julie Andrews, Sean Connery and Charlton Heston.
14. Kim Basinger has been appearing on the screen in 1976.