Trivia for actor/musician Bruce Willis including his movies, co-stars, Moonlighting TV series, ex- wife Demi Moore, Ashton Kutcher and more.
1. Bruce Willis was born in 1955; in Germany.
2. His full name is Walter Bruce Willis.
3. He stands at 6' (1.83 m).
4. He has been married 2 times. He married his second wife Emma Heming in 2009.
5. His first wife is actress Demi Moore. They were married for 11 years and they have 3 children together.
6. His nickname is Bruno, which is also included the name of his debut solo album in 1987. The album is called The Return of Bruno.
7. He shot to fame with his starring role in the detective TV series Moonlighting. His co-star was Cybill Shepherd. They played partner private investigators with extreme chemistry and opposite characters. The show lasted for 5 seasons (1985-1989). He has several Golden Globe nominations and 1 win. He won Best Actor in a TV Series (comedy) for his role in Moonlighting.
8. He did the voice over of the (boy) baby in the movie series Look Who’s Talking starring John Travolta and Kirstie Alley.
9. He is among the many Hollywood stars that guest-starred on the sitcom Friends. He played the father of Ross (David Schwimmer)’s younger girlfriend. His character also dated Rachel (Jennifer Aniston), Ross’s ex.
10. Among the Friends’ cast, he made two movies with Matthew Perry (Chandler of Friends) the movies are action/comedy The Whole Nine Yards and its sequel The Whole Ten Yards.
11. His ex-wife Demi Moore is with younger actor Ashton Kutcher. This is referenced many times, both by other celebrities and other films.
At 2011’s Golden Globes host Ricky Gervais introduced Bruce as Ashton Kutcher’s dad, which is not very far-fetched, where their ages are concerned. In the movie Armageddon, Bruce Willis played Liv Tyler’s dad. Liv Tyler is a year older than Ashton Kutcher, who was born in 1978.
12. In the romantic comedy I Could Never Be Your Woman, Michelle Pfeiffer’s 40-year-old character was dating the 29-year-old character of Paul Rudd. Her ex-husband (played by Jon Lovitz) compared their situation to the Ashton-Demi-Bruce trio, although Michelle Pfeiffer objected, saying she is no Demi Moore and her ex is definitely not Bruce Willis.
13. Bruce Willis and Michelle Pfeiffer made the romantic drama/comedy, The Story of Us. The movie told the bittersweet tale of a married couple, played by Michelle and Bruce.
14. His 2010 movie Red, also featuring Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren, John Malkovich, Mary- Louise Parker, Karl Urban & Brian Cox was nominated for Golden Globes in the Best Comedy or Musical (Film) category.
15. His movie genres include romance, drama, period films, action/adventure, thriller/horror, comedy, romantic comedy and sci-fi. However his signature genre is action. There are 5 Die Hard films, alone. The 5th Die Hard movie is currently the pre-production stage.
16. His list of co-stars also includes Gary Oldman, Milla Jovovich (The Fifth Element), Kim Basinger (Blind Date), Haley Joel Osment (The 6th Sense), Radja Mitchell, Rosamund Pike (Surrogates), Samuel L. Jackson, John Travolta, Uma Thurman (Pulp Fiction), Melanie Griffith, Tom Hanks (Bonfire of the Vanities), Goldie Hawn, Meryl Streep (Death Becomes Her), Timothy Olyphant, Justin Long (Die Hard 4), Madeleine Stowe, Brad Pitt (12 Monkeys), Robert De Niro, Robin Wright Penn, Sean Penn (What Just Happened), Emily Mortimer (The Kid), Albert Finney, Nick Nolte, Barbara Hershey (Breakfast of Champions), Denzel Washington and Annette Bening (The Siege), Alec Baldwin (Mercury Rising), Richard Gere (The Jackal), Demi Moore (Mortal Thoughts), Steve Buscemi, Ben Affleck, Liv Tyler (Armegeddon).