In love, age really doesn’t matter especially if the one talking about it is the older party. In the film industry, the mind may defy the number of lines of the script but if the lines of the face were just too many to be hidden by the make-up artist, no doubt the director will give the role to some amateur actor/actress with a bad memory. Here are 10 of Hollywood’s top actresses in their 40s some who maybe staying for quite awhile on the screen and others whom we will surely miss soon.
1. Halle Berry - Born 14 August 1966, Halle is at the prime of her career having been a recipient of an Emmy, a Golden Globe and an Academy Award for Best Actress. She was a runner up in the Miss USA in 1986 and finished 6th place in the Miss World pageant the same year. At 44 years old, she had earned such major film roles as Storm in X-Men and Bond Girl Giacinta “Jinx” Johnson in the 2002 James Bond film Die Another Day making her one of Hollywood’s highest paid actress and model.
2. Julia Roberts – Born 28 October 1967, Julia had made a lot of blockbuster films everyone surely knew about; Pretty Woman, Runaway Bride, Notting Hill among a few. In the 1990 film Pretty Woman she received a pay of $300,000 which had advanced to a huge $25 million 13 years later for doing the lead role in Mona Lisa Smile, probably more expensive than the original Da Vinci’s painting upon which the film’s title was based.
3. Ashley Judd – Born 19 April 1968, Ashley Judd had made such notable films as Double Jeopardy, Kiss the Girls and High Crimes. She also had significant roles in the TV series Sisters aired in 1991-1994 and several episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation. She has a latest film appearance in this year’s comedy film Tooth Fairy released last January playing alongside Dwayne Johnson which received positive reviews and grossed $111,877,020.
4. Jennifer Lopez – Born 24 July 1969, J. Lo is a Latin American actress, singer, dancer, fashion designer and TV producer. She had a notable appearance before she established a name in acting through the movies Money Train, Selena, Anaconda, The Wedding Planner among others. She was named the richest person of Latin American descent by Forbes magazine and sold over 25 million albums worldwide.
5. Nicole Kidman – Born 20 June 1967, Nicole Kidman is an American-Australian actress, fashion model and humanitarian activist who gained prominence by her marriage to Tom Cruise until their separation in 2001. She made such outstanding roles in movies like The Peacemaker, Moulin Rouge, The Interpreter and the 2008 epic romance film Australia among others.
6. Julia Ormond – Born 4 January 1965, Julia Ormond is an English actress who had several appearances in TV and films. Movies like Legends of the Fall (with Brad Pitt), First Knight (with Sean Connery), Sabrina (with Harrison Ford) and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (with Brad Pitt) were just a few among the many with whom she had appeared in major roles.
7. Catherine Zeta-Jones – Born 25 September 1969, Catherine will soon be 41 and has many years before getting such roles in elder, minor scripts. She gained prominence in her roles in films like The Phantom (with Billy Zane), The Mask of Zorro (with Antonio Banderas), Entrapment (with Sean Connery) and The Terminal (with Tom Hanks). She had won an Academy Award, BAFTA Award and a Tony Award for best actress.
8. Maria Bello – Born 18 April 1967, Maria Bello gained recognition by her roles in TV series ER, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, and films like Payback (with Mel Gibson), Coyote Ugly, A History of Violence (with Viggo Mortensen), The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (with Brendan Fraiser) and the recent film Grown Ups (with Adam Sandler).
9. Sandra Bullock – Born 26 July 1964, Sandra Bullock’s rise to fame was sped up by her early performances in the movie Speed (part I and II). She was ranked the 14th richest female celebrity in 2007 with an estimated $85 million fortune appearing in such top grossing films like Speed, While You Were Sleeping, Miss Congeniality and the recent, The Blind Side. She had received a Golden Globe Award and an Academy Award for Best Actress among others.
10. Meg Ryan – Born 19 November 1961, Meg Ryan is nearing 50 and will be surely missed soon. She had made her name in such award winning roles in Top Gun, Innerspace, Sleepless in Seattle, Courage Under Fire, You’ve Got Mail and Kate & Leopold the majority of which received positive reviews and box office gross. Once called the soul of romantic comedy, she had won the American Comedy Award Funniest Actress in a Motion Picture (Leading Role) twice in 1989 and 1993.